Colfax Racing!

Enjoying some gorgeous weather at Red Rocks with some friends!
The weather has been absolutely splendid here in Colorado! For February, we've had a lot of days in the 60's, and I've been taking full advantage of the sunlight and warmth. Right now is a period of high training volume; my team is ramping up the bike mileage for Lake Havasu Triathlon in March and Nationals in April. Hopefully by the time those races roll around, we'll all be able to cycle in our sleep!

Sometimes, it gets really tough to keep up the volume and motivation while grad school picks up speed at the same time. I was happily getting through my daily workouts with plenty of rest this semester until recently, when I had to slam on the brakes a little bit. Suddenly everything was due: midterms, homework, projects, presentations, you name it. I often forget that I'm at CSU to get a degree, not to bike and run around all day! In the next week or so, I'll have to prioritize my workouts so that I still get something done while completing all of my assignments. It's all about progress, not perfection, and it will pay off this spring and summer.

One thing I've really been enjoying is ramping up my mileage for running. My favorite thing in the whole world (workout wise) is long runs. There's something about spending an hour or more with nothing but the rhythm of my feet hitting the trail. No need to push the pace, just enjoy the scenery and let go of the weekly stresses for a bit. This week I ran 9 miles around Fort Collins and it just felt awesome to get that vital "me time". Hopefully I'll be consistently running double digit runs this spring, because I just signed up for the Colfax Half Marathon!

This is one of the big opportunities for Epic Experience to fund raise. Epic is now a charity partner with the Colfax Marathon, and you can help by either signing up to race, donating to the organization, or by sponsoring one of the Epic Racers (like me!). There are distances for every ability, as Colfax offers a 5k, 10 miler, half marathon, and full marathon. Please consider racing with me, and if you do register, spread the word by sharing and asking for donations! I have a lot of college friends out there, and I'm sure you're wondering how much your donation matters. It matters a ton! The $3 you spend on a Starbucks drink or the $7 you spend on a Chipotle burrito is helpful, and we deeply appreciate your support!

To my triathlon/running friends, sign up and join the team! I'd love to have some friends helping a cause I care about, and I'd love to run with you! To everyone else, my Valentine's Day special is this: If you donate to Epic on my page over the Valentine's day weekend, I will message you for your address and send you a homemade card with a drawing! Who doesn't like drawings from a 23 year old grad student?!

Happy running, and feel free to ask me for more information about training, signing up, or the cause! Sign up to race Colfax or donate to Epic Experience

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ironman Boulder 2017

The Grind and How to be Crazy

Embracing an Athletic Identity